Dreams

A recent post by Mac Swift reminded of a dream I had about a year ago. Three of my best friends were engaged or had just gotten married, and I had never gone out with anyone. I was wondering if God wanted me to stay single. As for the dream. I was at the old gym at my old high school and I was climbing the stairs to go up to the boys locker room to change clothes. There was a girl sitting at the top of the stairs and she told me I couldn't go in because someone was changing. I was upset because I really wanted to go in and change. I sat down at the top of the stairs next to her and on the opposite wall was a video screen with the girl in the room changing. Not like that though. She had on a fireman's uniform and took it off and underneath was a doctor's outfit. Then she took that off and underneath that was a policeman's uniform. This went on for quite some time, and I lost interest as I began talking to the girl next to me. We really hit it off, and she felt and kind of looked like someone I knew. We left there and went to eat dinner and had a good time talking and laughing with each other. I felt like I had known her my whole life. We ended up in a dorm room in bunk beds (strange, I know) and I woke up. I had never dated anyone, and I soon started going out with this girl. It was not what I expected, and I later broke up with her, although we were pretty serious. I moved to work in a church out of town, and I talked on the phone with my good friend ( a girl) and we really developed feelings for each other. She had been one of my best friends for two years. Now we are going to be married in March. I think she was the girl in my dream.

I am more conservative than most, and am not very mystical, but I think God wanted to show me something through that. God used to speak in dreams all the time. Why do we think that is such a bad thing now? I really don't know one way or the other. Am I simply reading to much into this, or does God still speak to us through our dreams? Cannot our soul commune with God on that deep level?

Comments

Popular Posts