I have been thinking alot about what it means to be a fool for Christ. Wearing a WWJD bracelet does not make you foolish in the eyes of the world. Neither does wearing christian t-shirts or listening to christian music. That does not make a difference. Father, I long to be a fool for you. Rejoicing that I am counted worthy to suffer for your name. Laying my wife and children down to follow you. Laying down my fame and my fortune to follow you.

There are plenty of decent, honest, hardworking, good people out there going to hell. How am I different from the world? How does my life witness to them? Because of the verse on my shirt? Because my music doesn't have cuss words in it? Because I only buy the music that is censored because I don't want to hear curse words? NO. BIG DEAL. Being considered a fool for Christ is found in the little things. Not speeding, even if it's only five miles an hour over. Putting your cart in the place it's suppossed to go at Wal-Mart even though it would be easier to push it aside.

The world does not need more bumper stickers, more music, more magazines, more christian junk. It needs people who are sold out and willing to give up everything to follow him. I sat the other night and watched a thing about Eminem. He fascinates me because he is so good at what he does. Then it hit me. How can I sit and watch and be interested in how he is good at what he does when he is lost and going to hell? It drove me to my knees right there in the middle of the living room.

Father, let us pray with desperation for the world around us. Let us not spend our money padding the pockets of christian artists and evangelists. Let us be counted as fools for you. I pray that today I will suffer for your names sake. I love you Father.

Comments

Popular Posts