Relationships

What does it mean to be in a relationship? Why do we do it? What purpose does it serve? As you might can tell, I think about things alot. Why do people who date go to movies, hang out, talk on the phone, go to eat, do all the things that they do? The purpose is clear, the purpose is simple. Just to simply be with them. Why do I do the things that we do? So that I can be with the one whom I love. Why do I read my Bible, pray, meditate, go to church? So that I can be with the one whom we love. Why did God create us? Why did he send His son, create the world, hang the sun moon and stars, and put everything in motion to bring me to this place in my life? So that I can be with Him. For He loves me and wants me to be with Him.

The purpose of a relationship is just to simply be with one whom I love. There should be no other motivation in my relationships than to be with the one whom I love. Remember, love is not dualistic in its purposes. Love does not seek it's own. So it should be in my relationship. It should be our prayer that God would take us places that would make us be closer to Him. Father, lead me places in my life that will make me lean on you more. That will make me closer to you. That will draw me to you. It is a scary thing to pray. Help me to have a relationship with you that makes me closer to you. Take me to those places in my life that will make me depend on you. Whether that is Africa, or in a small church, or in a mega church. I want people to know that I do the things I do because I love you and I want to be with you. Why do I take those radical steps that the world says is crazy? Simply to be with the one whom I love. All I do is simply to be with the one whom I love.

Comments

Popular Posts