Why So Hard?

Why is it so hard for me to pray? I don't get it. I can use excuses all I want. "It's my self diagnosed ADD" (most overdiagnosed thing in America, BTW) "I am a product of my genration" Whatever! Who cares. The bottom line is that I love myself more than my savior. I don't love him enough to get down on my knees and pray. Today my girlfriend told me she can tell a difference in me when I have not been in prayer. Ouch. The truth hurts. Why do I not do what I preach as so important to others?

Father, I say that I need you. I will die for you. In the midst of all of this going on, I forget to turn to you. Please forgive us all for forsaking you. It is funny, I spend so much time reading about God and pursuing God's will for my life and talking about him to others, I forget to talk to him. Samuel Chadwick said that prayer is the acid test of devotion. I am praying and I hope you will to that you will not be able to think about going through a day without spending at least one hour in prayer with him. I am sick and tired of seeing people write about God, but it not be evident in their life. Father, make prayer like breathing for me. Make me so I feel like I am dying if I don't talk to you. "Not unto us O Lord, not unto us, but for your glory.

Comments

Popular Posts