Compromise

I have always been drawn to the music of Keith Green. If you have never heard his music, you must check it out. You can follow the link on the sidebar. One of the things that I admire most was his refusal to compromise. This is severely lacking in our current age. Followers of Christ are to be that. Followers of Christ. Nothing else. We must not follow anything else at all. We compromise in our everyday life. Christian, if you are speeding, you are compromising. If you are not wearing your seatbelt, you are compromising. Any white lie, any gesture, any thought not honoring God is a compromise, I don't care how small it is. We as Christians must stop giving up little pieces of ourselves here and there because it might be easier for us. I am weary of trying to serve two masters. Either I am following God or I am not. That is it. We are not called to lead "good" lives. Jesus told the adulteress, "Go and sin no more." We must live our lives wholly devoted to him. I don't want to ever make money off of the gospel. I don't want to ever charge to give a time of ministry. I sat in a church last night listening to Dennis Jernigan. The church charged five dollars so that they could advertise. Do you think Jesus had to advertise? If your church has to advertise your ministry, that you are speaking the gospel, then I have a surprise for you. You are not teaching the gospel Jesus did. It is the power of salvation to Jews and Gentiles. We must stop compromising in our ministries, thinking God needs our help. When we do things like that we are watering down the gospel. Call me legalistic, closed minded, or whatever, but this is the truth. No More Compromise.

Comments

Popular Posts