Since I'm here

While here, I might as well write about what is going on. At the end of May my wife and I moved to a church in a small town. About 600 people in the town of Ft. Cobb, OK. Something for me to get used to. We took 24 kids to camp this summer and 8 of them got saved. God is doing amazing things. I see these kids who were walking in darkness walking in the light. God is purifying them and pulling the wicked from with in them. They are starting bible studies on campus, witnessing to the lost, and really experiencing the copernican revolution that we have so prayed for them. Christ is now a reality to them and no longer words on a page.

I just a wrote a large paragraph, but erased it, for fear of not wanting to gossip. Long story short, people are offended by us because we speak the truth. I have been told that we come off the wrong way, and we do not want to offend people. My wife got on the ladies in her bible study for not reading the bible, saying that part of the reason their kids did not read the bible is because they did not. They apparently got offended at that, and told someone, and it went from person to person before coming around to us.

I will not compromise speaking the truth. There is a time for speaking the truth in love, but the gospel is a hard message to swallow. At the end of time I will have to stand before God and be held accountable for what I taught. I must have a clean conscience before God, and know that I spoke the truth without watering it down.

I am not suprised at this. Churches all over america are this way, and we need more people to speak the truth. This might sound strange to you, but I knew at a young age that people would hate me for what God says to them through me. For speaking His truth.

Oh Father, do not fill me with my wisdom. Let me not be filled with my opinion. Give me courage to stand and speak the truth. No matter what the cost. Fill me with your power. Let me drink of your words, and stand for you. For you are the TRUTH.

Comments

Popular Posts