I'm Tired of This

As you might know, I am a youth pastor. And have some shocking news. I don't want to do this anymore. You know why? Because at my church, I feel like I was hired to do the ministry, and they all sit back. I don't want to be a minister. I want to lead people in ministry. To be a "lead minister" if you will. To many churches hire pastors and youth pastors and music guys and children pastors and small group pastors, and then expect them to do all the work. That is not the way it should be. I want to equip people to seek after God, to teach them, to release them. For them to come to me and say, "I've noticed there is a lot of single moms in our area, I want to minister to them." Then we can give them time, money, resources, everything they need to effectively reach the world around them.

However, too many churches all over the place simply hire people and sit back to let them reach everyone. And I hate it. I so long to be at a church where everyone is actively seeking God, where it is not just a thing to do. Where there come to meet the Father, instead out of mere obligation. But I wonder if that place really exists? Is there such a group of people? Will God allow me to be a part of that? Or does he want me to stay at a place like this.

One thing I know for sure. I am very tired of this.

Comments

Popular Posts