A few blurbs from Vision Magazine

Being boring is a sin- Jeff Henderson, pastor Buckhead Church


The team examined very successful businesses, discovered what they were doing righ, and decided to take a corporate approach to leading the church. " I don't have any problem with people saying that this seems more like a business. That's a compliment." Andy says.

Andy Stanley is the pastor at North Point Community Church. I read his book, Next Generation Leader, and was really put off by all the business talk. Leading a church is not business. He does say further down from what I quoted above that the church should be the best organization in the world because they have the most important mission. Well, I can agree with that. But focusing on personal leadership skills outside of spiritual aspects is wrong.

For more on this perspective, read the article in CT Is Ministry Leadership Different?

Try this on for size

What is distinctly spiritual about the kind of leadership you do?" I asked Andy Stanley. Nothing, he said. "There's nothing distinctly spiritual. I think a big problem in the church has been the dichotomy between spirituality and leadership."

The difference between spiritual leadership and worldly leadership is a big problem in the church? Give me big fat stinkin break.

More later

Comments

Popular Posts