Charlie Hall

The Bright Sadness is the latest release from Charlie Hall. Although he doesn't get the pub that the other Sixstep People do, I believe he is the best. The Bright Sadness is such a beautiful term, and it really puts the whole album into persepective, talking about how even though we walk through deep dark places in our life, times of incredible sadness, following God gives us a bright joy that cannot be hidden.

A few of the songs and sample lyrics.

My Brightness
"Yesterday I felt so angry/ and today so insecure/ And I hated that I wrestled/ with the God that I adore."


Hookers and Robbers
“Crack kids, track kids, hookers and robbers, the naked and hungry, Mothers and Fathers
Abuses, excuses, and guns in your hands, and I even welcome the arrogant man!”

"Come break this bread, celebrate the Forgiver. Come as you are!”

Click to watch that one on youtube!

Mystery

Sweet Jesus my sanity
Sweet Jesus my clarity


Make sure and check out the videos for the whole songs, and the cd for the rest. I have listened to Charlie since he played with Nathan Knockels, and I think he is one of the best lyricist out there, always pointing people to Jesus.

Comments

Popular Posts